Residential Building Design and Construction
Fraser Thomas undertakes structural engineering design, consenting, contract administration, site observation and certification for a wide range of residential developments, including both single and multi-storey developments.
We use an extensive “toolbox” of structural solutions using conventional building materials i.e. steel, timber, concrete, and more specialised materials such as fibre reinforced polymers.
Recent projects include:
- 65 unit residential development consisting of 1, 2, and 3 storey units
- 122 unit residential development consisting of 5 different unit types
- 31 unit mixed use development consisting of ground floor office or warehouse space with residence above
- 4 identical, 3 storey precast apartment block complex.
- Civil Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Resource Management
- Concept and preliminary design
- Resource consenting
- Detailed design and Engineer’s estimate
- Building consent
- Tender documents
- Construction observation