Commercial/Industrial Building Design and Construction
Fraser Thomas undertakes structural engineering design, consenting, contract administration, site observation and certification for a wide range of commercial and industrial developments, including both single and multi-storey developments, throughout New Zealand.
We use an extensive “toolbox” of structural solutions using conventional building materials i.e. steel, timber, concrete, and more specialised materials such as fibre reinforced polymers.
Recent projects include:
- 31 unit mixed use development consisting of ground floor office or warehouse space with residence above
- 8 commercial/industrial units in two blocks, Mt Wellington
- Coolstore facility, Wiri, comprising large, warehouse style building
- Materials Recovery Facility, Timaru, comprising 1900m2 warehouse style building
- Scrap Metal Recycling Facility, Onehunga involving design and construction observation of 3-storey plant room, machine foundations, alterations to numerous buildings, site walls and pavement and Cyclone support tower and 20m stack.
- Civil Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Resource Management
- Concept and preliminary design
- Resource consenting
- Detailed design and Engineer’s estimate
- Building consent
- Tender documents
- Construction observation