Swan Road Developments
Fraser Thomas have been engaged by Swan Road Developments to design and observe construction of a 95 lot residential subdivision at 25 Swan Road, Te Kauwhata within a 8.73 ha site.
The site is located just 1.6km from the centre of Te Kauwhata township. Sections range from 600m2 upwards and have views to the north and west over the Waikare Golf Course and to the south over farmlands and Lake Waikare.
The development is within the Waikato District Council (WDC) area and is subject to Hamilton City Council as well as WDC development standards.
Key aspects included:
- Removal of existing dwelling (and associated safe removal of asbestos-contamination)
- Earthworks – cut and fill operations to create new contours
- Comprehensive erosion and sediment controls
- New roads
- Stormwater drainage
- Construction of large capacity wetlands to cater for the collection, treatment and discharge of stormwater runoff for the site as well as upstream catchment (Waikare Golf Course)
- Wastewater drainage including pump station
- Water reticulation
- Utilities – power and phone
- Perimeter fencing and retaining walls
Earthworks commenced mid February 2017, with construction of civil works due for completion at the end of October 2017.
- Resource management planning and consultation
- Project management
- Preliminary design
- Detailed design
- Construction observation (in progress)