Manawatu-Wanganui Regional Landfill
The Manawatu-Wanganui Regional Landfill began as a small district landfill and has grown to be a moderate size landfill, which has recently been approved for expansion into a major regional facility with an approximate 40 year lifetime.
The project involved:
- Multiple redundancy layered liner system including an overlay of existing “old” landfill
- Engineered stormwater collection and treatment system
- Full landfill gas capture system
- Leachate collection, pumping, storage and off-site tankerage
- Progressive landfill capping and restoration plan.
- Design, QA/QC and observation for existing landfill
- Project management, engineering design (civil, geotechnical, stormwater, and leachate) and consenting for proposed extension, including preparation of associated technical reports, evidence and expert witness advice as well as attendance at resource consent hearings.
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Resource Management
- Peer Review & Expert Witness
- Investigations and reporting
- Conceptual and Preliminary design
- Detailed design on a staged basis
- Construction observation and Quality Assurance
- Completion certification
- Operational advice and troubleshooting