This comprises sorting equipment which divides the infeed scrap into ferrous, non-ferrous and waste streams and a scrap shredding machine which enables dramatic improvements in efficiencies in handling, processing and transporting of scrap metal.
Fraser Thomas’ involvement included the following:
- Geotechnical and environmental investigations
- Integration of site and plant layout logistics to establish the scrap metal processing facility with site infrastructure services and stormwater management compliance requirements
- Preparation of multiple resource consent applications
- Designed stormwater management systems
- Designed machine foundations, 3-storey plant room, discharge stack and utility buildings, site walls and pavement
- Prepared engineering specifications and engineer’s estimate
- Construction observation and certification.
All consents were successfully negotiated for non-notified processing and were granted by Auckland Council.